Revd Dr Simon Woodman
Minister of Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church and Baptist Chaplain of King’s College London
Simon Woodman is the Minister of Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church in London’s West End, and the Baptist Chaplain of King’s College London. Formerly a lecturer in biblical studies at Cardiff University and at Cardiff Baptist College, he is a dynamic and innovative speaker, leader, academic, and Baptist minister.
Simon is committed to excellence in education, empowering others, and widening inclusion. He is not afraid to push boundaries and champion radical values, while collaborating and engaging widely to bring about transformation.
Simon is often asked to speak about the Book of Revelation, and has a reputation for opening up this often opaque and difficult text in ways that are both accessible and relevant. He also has an interest in Baptist history and hermeneutics. His approach is both scholarly and contemporary, and he likes to help people to think.
For further information and additional publications, please visit Simon’s online profile.
Simon is available to deliver his lectures online, via Zoom. Please ask about this option when making your booking.
The Book of Revelation: Currents in British Research on the Apocalypse, ed. with Garrick V. Allen and Ian Paul, (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2015)
The ‘plainly revealed’ Word of God: Baptist Hermeneutics in Theory and Practice, ed. with Helen Dare, (Macon GA: Mercer University Press, 2011)
Prayers of the People, ed. with Karen E. Smith, (Oxford: Centre for Baptist History and Heritage, 2011)
The Book of Revelation, SCM Core Text, (London: SCM Press, 2008)
- Building a Vision for the Common Good: the church as light and water to a dark and thirsty world
- Can the Book of Revelation be a Gospel for the Environment?
- It’s the End of the World as we Know it: everything you ever wanted to know about the Book of Revelation in an hour
- Stoned in the Pulpit: the provocative preaching of Hanserd Knollys
- Turn or Burn! A nonviolent reading of fire and burning in the Book of Revelation